Thursday, November 2, 2023

My Time at Sandrock review: A tight, content-packed life simulator that won’t disappoint fans

My Time at Sandrock is a spiritual successor to 2018’s My Time at Portia – and it's a successor in just about every way, too. This time around, you’ll be the brand-new builder in the desert town of Sandrock, alongside friendly competition, Mi-an. You’ll be striving to not only have the best workshop, but to breathe life into this dwindling community on the brink of financial ruin. Which may cut a bit close to home.

It’s a peculiar blend of Harvest Moon’s and Stardew Valley’s best bits, with some mechanics more reminiscent gacha-based titles such as Genshin Impact. More importantly, though, My Time at Sandrock does what it set out to do — provide a fruitful, cosy simulation experience... even if it does feel like it’s trying to do too much, all at once.

I started playing My Time at Sandrock two weeks ago, and I’ve barely scratched the surface. This is great, because nobody wants a simulation RPG that’s bereft of content, and My Time at Sandrock is far from lacking things to do. As I started life as a builder, I was easily overwhelmed by machines and all the different resources they each provide, as well as all the different places and faces I’d have to visit regularly. Let’s not forget about the events, mini-games, and all the other things you can spend your time doing if you wish. Sandrock is much grander in scope than a lot of other farming simulation games I’ve played, and honestly, that’s a good thing.

Read more


http://dlvr.it/SyGwpt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Astrobot DLC coming this fall, featuring Stellar Blade and Helldivers 2

Good news Astro Bot lovers! In fall this year, the game is getting a new free update featuring new levels for you to complete, and some addi...