Tuesday, September 10, 2024

PS5 Pro $700 announcement felt like it shook reality

Let me fill you in on a secret. This morning I wrote the outline of a reaction to the PS5 Pro announcement that Sony had yet to make, including my desire to pre-order it. I felt I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. In many ways I was right. In one major way I was wrong. The following is that article, but now with added context around the PS5 Pro's release price.

Sony just announced its long-rumoured PS5 Pro. It feels like we've known about this console from even before the PS5 launched, the machine thought to bridge the gap between the current PS5 (now four years on the market, if you can believe it) and the inevitable PS6 - just like the PS4 did ahead of the PS5.

And, yeah, after watching Mark Cerny, Lead Architect of the PS5, talk for nine minutes, that is exactly what the PS5 Pro is, it seems. Yet, it feels like a less desirable machine than the PS4 Pro was at the time, so why did I just pre-order it? I honestly don't know.

Read more


http://dlvr.it/TD4JKW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intel lost PlayStation 6 chip contract over profit margins and backwards compatibility concerns, according to report

Intel may have missed out on a signficiant PlayStation 6 contract, which would have seen the company's chips be used in Sony's next-...