Wednesday, November 15, 2023

10 years on from the PS4, I'm lamenting the PlayStation that could have been

When I realised recently that the PS4 would be turning 10 years old today, I truly felt every single one of those years right down to my bones. I might only be 26 but, jeez, that amount of time sure does change a person. It gets you to reflect on just what those changes are; who do I still have in my life, am I happy with who I've become, and most importantly, does PlayStation finally have games?Sorry to bring up that old bit of PS3 discourse when we're meant to be talking about the PS4, but looking back on the last generation (and all the time that's passed since it arrived), I've come to see just how much of a shift PlayStation made from the platform it was, to the platform it now is. And I don't think I like it.






For a moment, let's stick with talking about the PS3 (I promise it has a point). Those of you that were around for that generation of console wars probably remember the common dunk on the console, "PS3 has no games," something more relevant to its earlier years than later, but also a phrase that can honestly be applied to any console at launch. Over the years, though, I think that the PS3 did in fact get games. And some really interesting ones, too.


Read more


http://dlvr.it/SytSj2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Could Riot have left clues for what the next 2XKO character is?

With 2XKO finally getting an alpha playtest announcement (which you can sign up for right now), a tempting trail of breadcrumbs has been lef...